Recycled Plastic Furniture
As we consume more and more, our landfills have grown larger and larger. We buy new rather than replace and throw out what we could have recycled. Our usage of single use plastic bottles continues to grow. According to the EPA, Americans threw out just under 27 million tons of plastic just a few years ago!
One small step we can take to start reversing this trend is to use recycled materials in our products. At Monarch Patio, we specialize in selling recycled plastic furniture.
When we say recycled plastic furniture, we aren’t talking about the cheap, flimsy plastic chairs that you’ll find at big box retailers, either. Our furniture is actually sturdier, stronger, and more durable than what you’ll find elsewhere. Our manufacturers use only the highest quality recycled plastics — made right here in America — to construct their products.
Most all the outdoor furniture you’ll find on our website is made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE), poly for short. We wrote a full article on poly lumber, which you can read here. The benefits of poly furniture are plentiful. Not only can we save trees by using alternative woods, but we can actually build a better chair in the process!
Because we’re all about buying for the long run, we don’t sell products that we don’t fully believe in. Many of our products come with substantial manufacturer warranties (in some cases, up to 20 years!).
As we mentioned above, poly lumber has many benefits over traditional wood. To name a few:
- Eco Friendly. Our poly lumber is made from recycled milk jugs that would have otherwise ended up in the landfill. Instead of chopping down more trees to make furniture that will fall apart in a year, our furniture can last 20 years or more!
- Strong, waterproof surface. Because poly is made from recycled plastics, it won’t become waterlogged like traditional pressure treated pine will. This will help prevent mold, mildew, and rotting. Plus, it’s just nice to be able to use it after it rains outside without having to wait a few hours for it to dry out!
- Exciting, vibrant colors without any paint. Our poly comes in 29+ unique and exciting colors! Most pieces offer the option to further customize with 2 tone options. Better yet, you’ll never have to paint or seal your furniture; a timely and annoying process. Our colors won’t fade in the sun and our furniture won’t peel like traditional painted outdoor furniture.
- Easy maintenance. To clean poly furniture, all you need is a wet rag and some dish soap. Just give it a quick wipe down and you’re good to go!
- Better material for outdoor use. Many of our customers leave their poly furniture outside year round. Poly does just fine year round - no need to take your furniture inside each winter. Even in the hot summer sun, poly is cooler to the touch than a metal or cheap plastic.
- No splinters! Wooden Adirondack chairs are so often rife with splinters. Sit down and you risk pricking your finger on a cracked piece of wood. Thankfully, poly furniture is different. HDPE lumber won’t splinter and is safe to use around children and pets.
🎉 FREE shipping to the continental US! 🎉